- What: “Ex mattatoio di Testaccio”, former Rome slaughterhouse
- Where: 41.876130, 12.472583
- When: 2016
- How: Ilford PANF
The former slaughterhouse of Rome was opened in 1890 and the project was done by the architect of Rome municipality Gioacchino Ersoch.
The area of the slaughterhouse is about 50.000 square meters, close to the Campo Boario, which is 56.000 square meters wide.
The slaughterhouse closed in 1975 and was left abandoned for years. Now (2016) some parts are used (Macro museum, Popular music school, Rome university) and some are still abandoned and under renovation.