- What: Mira Lanza (former soap factory)
- Where: 41.868237, 12.471026
- When: 2016
- How: Ilford FP4
Mira Lanza was a soap factory.
It was opened in 1924 where there was a former fertilizers and glue factory (1899-1913). From 1918 to 1924 the factory changed its production to candles and, in 1924 it became “Mira Lanza” soap factory.Close to the factory there was the slaughterhouse of Rome and the factory used the fat scrap as raw material for the soap production.
Nowdays (2016), part of the area has been renewed and it’s used by the theater of Rome.
Another part is still abandoned and empty after a big fire in 2014.
A third part is home for some squatters.