- What: Abandoned skate park, Ostia (RM)
- Where: 41.738139, 12.255420
- When: 2016
- How: Ilford FP4
Campo Boario is a wide area close to the former Rome slaughterhouse and in the past it was used to host the animals before their death and to handle the trades of livestock.
In these picture you can see the old watchtower used to monitor the whole area and the rised path for pedestrian used to cross the area being protected by livestock, mud and excrements.
It was opened in 1889 and closed in 1979. The project was done by the architect of Rome municipality Gioacchino Ersoch.
Mira Lanza was a soap factory.
It was opened in 1924 where there was a former fertilizers and glue factory (1899-1913). From 1918 to 1924 the factory changed its production to candles and, in 1924 it became “Mira Lanza” soap factory. Close to the factory there was the slaughterhouse of Rome and the factory used the fat scrap as raw material for the soap production.
Nowdays (2016), part of the area has been renewed and it’s used by the theater of Rome.
Another part is still abandoned and empty after a big fire in 2014 and has been used by the french street artist Seth for a painting work in 2016.
A third part is home for some squatters.